canberrabirds

Signs of Spring . . .

To: <>
Subject: Signs of Spring . . .
From: "Barbara Preston" <>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 11:15:09 +1000
Following Geoffrey's signs of spring posted just over two weeks ago (below):
There is still a male KP hanging around our place, with a female, and usually a young male (but just the two adults this morning), and the usual ESPs are in full voice (and enjoying the correas and grevilleas).
But young WBSWs are very vocal when food is brought (nest in the usual place - that I loosely covered with wire netting a year or so ago), and there was a broken crested pigeon egg on the footpath near their nest a couple of days ago, and there have been daily battles between the CPs and a currawong - in fact I've just noticed that the CPs are not longer sitting, but are still around - maybe getting ready to stoke up the currawong feeding factory again . . .

Let's hope there's some rain tomorrow . . .
cheers
Barbara
__________________________________
Barbara Preston Research