canberrabirds

Verges of Griffith

To: <>
Subject: Verges of Griffith
From: <>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 14:41:33 +1000

Hi all,

The largest flock of Little Corellas I have seen in Canberra was 111 birds feeding on the grass beneath trees on the median strip on Parkes Way, between the foot bridge from Allara Street to Commonwealth Park and Coranderrk circle pond, on 23 March 2005. Amongst this flock there were also 5 Long-billed Corellas – also the largest number of this species I have seen in Canberra. The long-bills were clearly dominant over the littles whenever a dispute occurred!

Harvey

Harvey Perkins
CRC Programme
ph (02) 6240 7103     fax (02) 6123 5525