canberrabirds

Jerrabomberra Wetlands

To: "Geoffrey Dabb" <>, <>
Subject: Jerrabomberra Wetlands
From: "shaun bagley" <>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 21:35:14 +1000
Given Tom and Geoffrey's IDs, it is the African Boxthorn (ironically I thought it might be an Acacia from E.Africa based on my personal experiences of Thornbush habitat there). At the moment the removal is restricted to the fence line along the Fyshwick Sewage Ponds side of Dairy Road as far as the boundary with Jerrabomberra Wetlands and the ACT "farm" though I fancy it will progress all the way to the gateway to the Sewage Ponds in another day or so. Cannot speak for bushes further down Dairy Road but suspect they are still intact. And as I replied to Tom, in its uprooted form it has an unpleasant smell. My question is whether whoever commissioned the work has any intention of providing new plantings and if so , what species?

Shaun