canberrabirds

blue-faced honeyeater

To: <>
Subject: blue-faced honeyeater
From: <>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 00:29:21 +0100

For those who haven't yet been treated to the sight of the blue-faced honeyeater at the ANU, it was still there this morning.  I waited 10 minutes on the 'viewing platform' at Melville Hall before it showed up in the nearest and smallest banksia.  It was only there for a minute or two before it was swooped and flew to ground on the edge of a footpath.  Here it momentarily picked up a bit of fluff or feather, before flying to a large gum near Fellows Oval.  After preening itself for a few minutes, it flew over Melville Hall and into history.

Re Martin's email about Richard Meinertzhagen, I have an intriguing biography of his life if anyone wishes to peruse it.

Maurits Zwankhuizen

Visit http://www.fco.gov.uk for British foreign policy news and travel advice; and http://www.i-uk.com - the essential guide to the UK.

We keep and use information in line with the Data Protection Act 1998.  We may release this personal information to other UK government departments and public authorities.

Please note that all messages sent and received by members of the Foreign & Commonwealth Office and its
missions overseas may be monitored centrally.  This is done to ensure the integrity of the system.