canberrabirds

Yarramundi Reach

To: "chat line" <>
Subject: Yarramundi Reach
From: "John Layton" <>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 20:26:00 +1000
At 9:00am today, at Yarramudi Reach, the air was thick with Dusky Woodswallows. Probably a slight exaggeration but must have seen about 100 plus. Wonderful 90-second view of a Silver Gull harassing a White-necked Heron in the air.

Yellow-faced Honeyeaters were landing in lakeshore trees before heading off towards Black Mountain. In a little willow-secluded area of water, I watched some 10 Y-f Honeyeaters jumping off a low branch to take a two-second dip before returning to their perch for a bit of feather-fluffing and preening prior to shooting through. For most of the 30 minutes I was in the area I was serenaded by the calls of Grey Shrike-thrushes. Ah, bliss!

PS.  See, mate(s), and I guess you particular mate(s) know what I'm referring to, I ain't mentioned my family once in this email.

Anyhow, cheers.
John Layton