canberrabirds

silver gull

To: <>
Subject: silver gull
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 22:38:43 -0000

Thank you to those who responded to my gull email.  Perhaps there was nothing unusual about the whole incident and I was merely being gull-ible.  I don't think, however, that we should label everything unusual that happens as a coincidence.  We should keep an open mind and not treat birds as purely physical robots without any mental or supersensory capabilities whatsoever, especially when we know that New Caledonian crows use and even construct tools and that pigeons can find their way home unerringly from hundreds of miles away.

Maurits Zwankhuizen

Visit http://www.fco.gov.uk for British foreign policy news and travel advice; and http://www.i-uk.com - the essential guide to the UK.

Data Protection Act 1998

The Foreign and Commonwealth Office processes personal data as notified to the Information Commissioner
(http://www.informationcommissioner.gov.uk)for the purpose of working for the UK's interests in a safe,
just and prosperous world.  Such personal data may be shared with other UK Government Departments and
Public Authorities.

Please note that all messages sent and received by members of the Foreign & Commonwealth Office and its
missions overseas may be monitored centrally.  This is done to ensure the integrity of the system.