canberrabirds

[UNCLASSIFIED]RE: [canberrabirds] Dollarbird influx?

Subject: [UNCLASSIFIED]RE: [canberrabirds] Dollarbird influx?
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2006 16:26:46 +1100
Geoff
That does seem like a high number.
I have not seen anymore than normal this year, in fact I think I have seen
less. Only 1 seen at Campbell Park, 1 heard at Bibaringa, 1 heard at Uriarra
about 1 month ago, 1 seen at Gungahlin Hill 2 months ago, and none heard at
Pinnacle. Usually I see a lot more.
Perhaps they are in Murrumbateman rather than Canberra.
Dependent young are most common in January (from Veerman, 2003), and they have
large clutches, so that may explain the large numbers, in part.

Benj