canberrabirds

a clarification

To: "'canberrabirds'" <>
Subject: a clarification
From: "Mark Clayton" <>
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2005 08:10:21 +1100

Hi all,

After re-reading what I sent last night in reply to Martin Butterfield’s query, I should clarify something I wrote. I said that the legs are tied under the metal rod. This should be…. the legs are tied on top of the rod with the thread going underneath the rod. This helps to give strength to the specimen as a whole as really all that is left with the specimen when it is completed is part of the skull, the wing bones and the legs bones. The rest is skin (obviously with the feathers attached) and whatever material is used to stuff the bird – generally NOT cotton wool as most people believe. I hope this all makes sense.

Cheers,

Mark