canberrabirds

Molonglo Valley Urban Development and Bird Impacts

To: "Canberrabirds" <>
Subject: Molonglo Valley Urban Development and Bird Impacts
From: "Jenny Bounds" <>
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 19:11:20 +1100
Greetings all: Some of you will have seen the article in Times 2 in the Canberra Times today on woodland birds, particularly about the impacts from the proposed development in the Molonglo Valley and birds of prey.  As Im aware that a number of COG and list members are interested in this particular issue, Im attaching the submission which COG has sent to the ACT Planning and Land Authority, in response to their Structure Planning Study - some quotes from that submission were in the Canberra Times article today.  We also plan to publish the submission or relevant parts in the next Ganggang Newsletter which will be February 2006, to better inform members about COGs view/position.  For those who might want to read more, the submission sent by the Conservation Council on Molonglo Valley development which I contributed to with my CC hat on, is available on their website - look under latest news:

cheers
Jenny