canberrabirds

post mortem on the blitz

To: "Barbara Allan" <>, <>
Subject: post mortem on the blitz
From: "Andrea S Holland" <>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 18:57:37 +1100
I'd like to add my congratulations to everyone who participated so enthusiastically in COG's first blitz.  The team I was with was not put off by the rain and covered 8 grid cells in the Cotter Hut/Flats area.  Amazingly the rain mostly held off and the birds were surprisingly active - with generally over 10 species in each 2 ha survey.

Most of all I'd like to congratulate and thank Barbara Allan and her very small team for having done all the hard work in organising this very successful event, which I'm keen will become an annual one.  It's so invaluable to be able to get a snapshot of what is present in the ACT over a particular weekend.  It's probably the only place in Australia where you can do it, and to me so much more important than a twitchathon, worthy as that is.

So let's make sure you participate and every grid cell is visited in 2006

Jack Holland
COG President