canberrabirds

culture

To: <>
Subject: culture
From: "Ruskies" <>
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 20:34:17 +1100
Hi!

I really feel sorry for you lot in the big Can with all  the different species of birds flying in and out with such regularity, it makes me feel a bit bitter, oops BETTER, now that this bird flu has flown in.  I in the big Tass now feel as safe as houses as I sighted a pair of Galahs for the first time within 15 klm of home. Not only but also, I  saw last week with my own eyes, AN AUSTRALIAN WHITE IBIS, (which I may add is a reportable offense) 2 days ago, so you can gather its pretty well full on at the moment down here.

 With such activity going on I just had to have some respite and turned inwards to my thoughts of writing some prose just as did Maurits.

As I woke this morning, when all nice things are born.
 A little bird upon my sill, began to herald the early morn.
She sang her song so sweetly, so sweetly she did sing
That thoughts of joy and happiness into my heart did spring.
And as she sat there singing, she paused, there was a lull
I softly closed the window, and crushed it's bloody skull
                                                                  Anon
Cheers Bob Rusk