canberrabirds

Change to Sunday's outing details

To: <>
Subject: Change to Sunday's outing details
From: "Andrea S Holland" <>
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 19:46:49 +1000
As already announced at last Wednesday's COG meeting and at yesterday's outing to Bibaringa, the joint outing with the Friends of Grasslands to the Jerrabomberra Grassland Reserve will not go ahead as published as Environment ACT has declared the off road parking conditions as too dangerous (due to the lack of a proper pull over bay on a road rated at 100 km/h).

As mooted this outing will now take place in the nearby Callum Brae Woodland Reserve.  We will move towards the SE corner of this reserve, birdwatching as we go and attempt to cross into the Jerrabomberra Grasslands from there.  Should this not be possible we will visit other parts of this newly created reserve looking at wildflowers etc.

As we'll need to ensure that those who still go to the wrong spot can be redirected we will meet at 8 am in Narrabundah Lane, about 300 m east of its intersection with Mugga Lane.

Could you please pass on this information to non-subscribers of this list who you are aware are intending to participate.

Jack Holland