canberrabirds

Opportunity to help Canberra's birds

Subject: Opportunity to help Canberra's birds
From: "Paula Harwood" <>
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 04:59:24 +0100
I hope that list subscribers won?t mind me mentioning an opportunity to get
involved in a revegetation project.  At Wednesday evening?s COG meeting,
Suzi presented some positive news about the value of revegetated areas to
our local birds and this reminded me just how relevant Conservation
Volunteers Australia?s (CVA) projects are to COG members and friends.

CVA provides teams of volunteers to help with conservation projects and
recently we?ve been busy revegetating.  We are currently working with
rangers at Goorooyarroo Nature Reserve on a massive revegetation project
that should provide food and improved habitat for our birds.

Following a short safety briefing you would be welcome to join our team for
a day or longer.  For more information, please email