canberrabirds

Bowerbirds and Colour

To: <>
Subject: Bowerbirds and Colour
From: "Hastir, Chris" <>
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 09:44:18 +1000
Hi All

Just a comment about SBB bowers - when I lived in Duffy there was a small yellow plastic kids chair in under bushes beside the garden shed. This was where a bower was later erected. Possibly the colour was the initial attraction.  Occasionally up to twenty birds would roost overnight in a tree in the garden. I really miss them now that I'm in on the wrong side (for SBB's anyway)  of the Parkway in Wanniassa!

Chrissy Hastir