canberrabirds

more unseasonalities

To: <>
Subject: more unseasonalities
From: <>
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2005 10:36:55 +1000
Hi all,

Just got back from a great couple of weeks in Nth Tassie.  Still at least one Fan tailed Cuckoo (seen) down there and possibly a pallid or two.   Although I did learn the difference in call between the real Fan tailed and the starlings so I presume the pallid calls were just starlings imitating (they did quite a good job too) as I didn't see one.  Masses of grey fantails and one Black Faced Cuckoo Shrike.

One great spot on the Badger Range, nth of Sheffield (behind the golf course) contained all the small honeyeaters (except Tawny Crowned which I looked hard for, too far from the coast maybe???) to be found in Tassie.  Maybe the masses of flowering Epacris (heath) had something to do with it!

cheers Alex.