canberrabirds

Pied Imperial Pigeon!?

To: "Canberra Birds" <>
Subject: Pied Imperial Pigeon!?
From: "Philip Veerman" <>
Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 22:12:20 +1000
I am not "buying into" the "Pied Imperial Pigeon" but a couple weeks ago, whilst driving at approx 80 km/h along Athlon Drive, I watched what looked like a Great Skua chasing a Silver Gull over Lake Tuggeranong. It followed each turn of the Gull for the 20 or so seconds (on and off) that I watched them. It was of course a Raven and in saying looked like, I really mean behaved like and reminded me of. I don't recall having seen that before or am I getting forgetful? And Paul, don't give up hope, don't forget we do have an ACT record of a Long-tailed Skua (skeletal remains found by Olsen & co in a Peregrine's nest in Namadgi NP).