canberrabirds

Superb Parrot and Oriole

Subject: Superb Parrot and Oriole
From: "Goldie, John" <>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 09:00:45 +1000

An exciting (for me at least) new find for our garden on Saturday morning:   a female Superb Parrot in the yellow box over the back fence for 3 or 4 minutes calling a lot.  It then moved a 150 m, perched again for a couple of minutes while calling.  I lost it after this.

We had Orioles around our place for months up until the end of January when they seemed to disappear.  However this morning an Oriole was calling again.  That’s the second time in as many weeks – so I am not sure if this represents birds moving through on their way north or that they were always around and have just turned vocal again.  There was one calling in Campbell Park yesterday morning too.

Regards,

John Goldie,

Watson