canberrabirds

Fw: Fw: [canberrabirds] Swift Labels

To: "Alison Rowell" <>, <>
Subject: Fw: Fw: [canberrabirds] Swift Labels
From: "Geoffrey Dabb" <>
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 09:54:49 +1000
Stu asked me to forward the below, which he had intended for 'all' (not quite the same, as David will be aware, as 'oli').

I might add the following, knowing virtually nothing myself of these matters and being dependant on the advice of others -

The little 'Native Trees of the ACT' booklet (1983-1990) gives the following ACT 'occurrences':

E nortonii (.Mealy Bundy') More common than E goniocalyx in ACT, found at Tharwa, Gibraltar and Tidbinbilla area, along Monaro Highway.

[I am told there is no nortonii in Majura NR)

E goniocalyx (Bundy) Uncommon in ACT, known from Long Gully, Mt Majura and near NE border.

Interestingly, neither is said to occur 'near streams', but then the tank overflow, although I am told it has been flowing for many years, probably post-dates the germination of the ancient Bundy in question.