canberrabirds

thoughts on Choughs

To: Canberra Birds <>
Subject: thoughts on Choughs
From: John Leonard <>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 19:16:16 +1000
I was thinking about how hardy Choughs are this morning when I observed a party nr the Alexander Building in Woden digging over the tan-bark. Half an hour later they were in the shrubbery along the edge of the car-parks outside the Juliana Bldg (50m east of first sighting). Presuambly they crossed Woden from west to east during the day, but there are large stretches of hostile and foodless territory on the way and from Lyons to Hughes is from suburb to suburb, not much suitable territory at beginnign or end of journey. I wonder how large the territory of this particular troupe is, and are these the birds I often see outside Philip College, or another band?

--
John Leonard
Canberra