canberrabirds

Canning Stock Route

To: <>
Subject: Canning Stock Route
From: "Andrea S Holland" <>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 18:32:14 +1100
COG member Alan Cowan is trying to arrange an 8 day trip from Broome to Broome to the Canning Stock Route (CSR) in May specifically to that part of the CSR to try to find the Princess Parrot  The dates will probably be 24 to 31 May inclusive.
It takes 2 days to drive to and from the CSR so we would have 4 days birding. Obviously, it's only for keen birders though of course we'd see plenty of other birds! It's camping for 7 nights. Bring own sleeping bag. We need at least 6 participants, preferably 7. Two vehicles. It is hoped that well known Kimberley birdo George Swann will lead.

Final confirmation might not be until April as the feasibility of the trip depends on the size of the Wet  and the time the roads take to become useable so flights would have to be transferable.

Interested people please contact Alan
on 62813038

Jack Holland