canberrabirds

FW: RE: [canberrabirds] Tharwa, Namadgi

Subject: FW: RE: [canberrabirds] Tharwa, Namadgi
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 18:25:53 +1100

-----Original Message-----
From: Whitworth, Benjamin - BRS
Sent: Monday, 10 January 2005 6:13 PM
To: 'Frank Antram'
Subject: RE: RE: [canberrabirds] Tharwa, Namadgi

Frank
Well I don't want to be held responsible for you taking a trip out of your way.
I couldnt get close enough with my binos to get a positive id apart from jizz,
as the bird kept flying off whenever I got close, over the hills etc. It knew I
was there so I didn't want to harass it.
I don't classify Jizz as a tick ID. By the Jizz it did look smaller than a
brown falcon, very horizontal standing, flat head, pointed, narrower. wings out.

What I am sure of is that the last 2 weeks there has been constant begging
there, from the east side of the river. Probably 200-300m when I think of it,
rather than 500m North.
There were definetely 3 birds the other day. one was fed by the parent and the
other flew up and was refused, then the 'parent' flew off east over the ridge.
like it was on a mission.

Benj