canberrabirds

dunlop snipe

To: <>
Subject: dunlop snipe
From: "martin butterfield" <>
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2004 16:28:53 +1100
There were also 2 Great Egrets at Jerrabombera Wetlands this morning.  One adjacent to the Bittern hide and one in front of some willows in the middle of the water in front of the Tadorna hide.  2 Royal Spoonbills down towards the school end of the Swamp from which 1 Latham's Snipe flushed.

The most interesting sight at Newline today was someone with a goat which appeared to be tied to a tree.  They were also giving it some water.   On reviewing the possible outcomes of enquiring into this I thought a sore nose for me was the least painful, and one of the most probable outcomes, so carried on looking fairly unsuccesfully for birds.

Martin