birding-aus

Willy Fantail

To: 'Frank O'Connor' <>, "" <>
Subject: Willy Fantail
From: Wedderburn Birding <>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2017 06:07:05 +0000
It's "Willie Fantail" in the Indonesian field guide with the note that an
alternative name is Willie Wagtail, which after all is a far better name as
it's not a wagtail.

The field guide also refers to some new species and proposed splits, such as
Sumatran Scops Owl, some of which haven't been accepted by any of the
current taxonomies.  Birdtourasia already uses the new names and proposed
splits for their checklists.

Regards,
Bruce