birding-aus

E H/E

To: 'Elliot Leach' <>, 'martin cachard' <>
Subject: E H/E
From: Sheena Gillman <>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2015 04:29:58 +0000
Thanks so much for your understanding Martin and Elliot.

You may know I have a long association with the eastern bristlebird recovery
project.

Once The Loop birds went viral (there existed lots of historical data anyway)
those birds were pestered to death.

I defended birders at recovery meetings but then found a ranger telling me of
what he had witnessed, while working away on his veg work – not good I’m
afraid. No one was poaching  of course but certainly playing sound to an
inappropriate extent. I f they had sat and waited, those birds behaved like
sparrows and they would not have had to follow then down the tracks.

I will let the Mackay folk know all is well – thank you again.

Sheena