birding-aus

Ticks & eBird

To: 'Michael Tarburton' <>, Carl Clifford <>
Subject: Ticks & eBird
From: Peter Shute <>
Date: Fri, 22 May 2015 14:10:48 +1000
eBird has a facility for list sharing - i.e. one person enters a list, and
others can say they were there too, instead of them all having to enter the
data in order to have new birds count towards their personal totals. This is
specifially designed to avoid double up when using the data for research.

I thought this didn't allow for the (common) situation where not everyone in
the group saw every bird, but according to this page, one can modify your copy
of the shared list:
http://help.ebird.org/customer/portal/articles/1010555-understanding-the-ebird-checklist-sharing-process

Has anyone here tried sharing and editing like that?

Of course there's no way of preventing people from entering a new list from
scratch.

Peter Shute

<HR>
<BR> Birding-Aus mailing list