birding-aus

Ticks

To: Peter Shute <>
Subject: Ticks
From: Denise Goodfellow <>
Date: Mon, 11 May 2015 13:01:30 +0930
Clients once told me of a fellow passenger on a pelagic trip.  As the guide
reeled off the names of the species, this fellow ticked them off his list,
without looking up!

Denise Lawungkurr  Goodfellow
PO Box 71
Darwin River, NT, Australia 0841
043 8650 835

PhD candidate, Southern Cross University, Lismore, NSW.

Founding Member: Ecotourism Australia
Nominated by Earthfoot for Condé Nast’s International  Ecotourism Award, 2004.

With every introduction of a plant or animal that goes feral this continent
becomes a little less unique, a little less Australian.

On 11 May 2015, at 12:23 pm, Peter Shute <> wrote:

> That's not as silly as it sounds, if the client did actually see the bird but
> wasn't able to identify it, and was just making sure Tim was certain of the
> id.
>
> My OBP tick wouldn't be a tick if there hadn't been an expert there to tell
> me it wasn't a Blue-wing. Normally I'd want to id it myself, but I figure
> there aren't going to be many chances to try again, and it's not that much
> different to taking a photo and asking an expert later.
>
> Peter Shute

<HR>
<BR> Birding-Aus mailing list
<BR>