birding-aus

Some of Queensland's birds under threat

To: Lloyd Nielsen <>
Subject: Some of Queensland's birds under threat
From: Tom Tarrant <>
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2014 03:22:11 +1000
Hi All,

For anyone with access problems to Lloyd's excellent article,  I have
re-posted it on my website www.aviceda.org (now with images)

Regards,

Tom

On Mon, Mar 31, 2014 at 12:01 PM, Lloyd Nielsen <>
wrote:

> I have just completed an article on the destructive anti-environmental
conduct of the present Queensland Government since it came to power two
years ago. This government must surely qualify for the most environmentally
destructive government Australia has ever seen. Birds such as the remaining
Red Goshawk population, the Eungella Honeyeater  and others are under
threat.

> The article is not only  long - only because the government has chalked
up a long list of anti-environmental misdemeanors in its two years in power
- but it makes pretty horrifying reading and will shock most people
interested in preserving our environment and wildlife. The link is  -

http://birdingaustralia.com.au/Queensland_Government_and_the_Environment-4-3-14.pdf