birding-aus

Spangled Drongo in Sydney this season

To: "birding-aus" <>
Subject: Spangled Drongo in Sydney this season
From: "Jenny Stiles" <>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2014 08:37:17 +1100
Hi List,
Normally when Spangled Drongo are passing through Sydney I make an extra effort
to go to likely patches of bush and usually manage 1 or 2 sightings. This year
however I have seen 19 Spangled Drongo [some of which may be repeat sightings
of the same bird on consecutive days], all at Galaringi Reserve, Carlingford
[10] and Sydney Olympic Park [9]. I have also seen many more reports on
Birdline than I recall from other years.
Is Sydney seeing an unexpected influx of Spangled Drongo this year? If so are
there more about this year or is somewhere else missing their usual Spangled
Drongos?