birding-aus

The Birdwatcher

To: "'Kingfisher Park Birdwatchers Lodge'" <>, <>
Subject: The Birdwatcher
From: Stephen Murray <>
Date: Sat, 28 Dec 2013 19:31:06 +1000
Hi Lindsay.
 I was wondering if any other birders got that for Christmas. I read it out
of politeness and picked up on many of the things you mentioned. A "mob of
Common Sandpipers" was an interesting sighting as well. As I said to my
wife...he has done a bit of research on birdwatching, but not quite enough.
I think novelists need to get things right if they are going to write about
something with which they are not familiar. Otherwise they just look silly.
I guess I wouldn't mind so much if the book had some merit in other
departments, but it doesn't. The ending was extremely corny but I won't
expound in case someone else found it in their stocking.
Steve Murray