birding-aus

Five Robins

To: "'birding-aus'" <>
Subject: Five Robins
From: "Stephen Ambrose" <>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2013 08:58:46 +1100
I conduct bird surveys regularly in woodland patches near the Hume Highway
in the South-west Slopes region of NSW. I've seen Red-capped Robin, Scarlet
Robin, Flame Robin, Eastern Yellow Robin, Hooded Robin and Jacky Winter in a
single (winter) outing to the Town Common Woodland at Holbrook. However,
they have not all been detected there every year over the six years that
surveys have been conducted.  This is a small area of remnant box-gum
woodland alongside the Hume Highway, in a rural landscape that has been
cleared of most of its native woodland.  Remnant woodland patches in this
region are usually full of woodland birds, probably because there is nowhere
else for them to go.

Stephen Ambrose
Ryde NSW