birding-aus

Five Robins

To: "'Allan Richardson'" <>, "'Mick Roderick'" <>
Subject: Five Robins
From: "Stephen Ambrose" <>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2013 08:51:20 +1100
I've also found it increasingly harder to find Hooded Robins over the 6.5
years of woodland bird surveys between Tarcutta & Woomargama (NSW South-west
Slopes).  I can't say I've noticed a decline in Jacky Winters in the region,
but I suspect that Scarlet Robins are on the decline.

I should also clarify that the Town Common Woodland (TCW) at Holbrook where
I have seen six robins in the same survey was approximately 90 ha in area,
so I think it is probably larger than the areas where Frank, Russ & Mick
found fewer robin species. The Holbrook TCW is now slightly smaller in area
and bisected by the Hume Highway's Holbrook Bypass.

Stephen Ambrose
Ryde NSW