birding-aus

Birdline South Australia Weekly Update

Subject: Birdline South Australia Weekly Update
Date: 9 Sep 2013 06:42:14 +1000

Birdline South Australia

Published sightings for the week ending 8 Sep 2013.

Sun 1 Sep Wood Sandpiper Magazine Road Wetlands
Six in northern lagoon east of hide
Jim Allen

Tue 27 Aug Letter-winged Kite Road from Merty Merty Station to Camerons Corner.
Tom spotted two LWKs that we watched for over an hour in courtship. Beautiful to see! They were in Love! Also at least 30 Dusky Hopping Mouse encountered when spotlighting over only 1 hour.
Tim Mckellar and Tom Fletcher

Sun 25 Aug Eyrean Grasswren 13Kms north of Strzelecki Creek Crossing
A party of 3 observed in the dunes 200meters to the east of the track.
Tim Mckellar and Tom Fletcher

Eyrean Grasswren Montecollina Bore, Strzelecki Track
After some hard work looking we came across 2 about 1km west of the bore in the dunes. Also had 11 Flock Bronzewings shoot across and 6+ Chirruping Wedgebills.
Tim Mckellar and Tom Fletcher

Fri 23 Aug Orange Chat Farina Station, Southern Strzelecki Track
Great views of 10+ Orange Chats feeding.
Tim Mckellar and Tom Fletcher

Thu 22 Aug Short-tailed Grasswren Appelenna Ruins Road, Flinders Ranges
Near the Red Throat sign we encountered a single STGW giving us fantastic views, also 6+ Elegant Parrot feeding on the ground.
Tim Mckellar and Tom Fletcher

Tue 20 Aug Masked Owl Gluepot Reserve
Whilst Spotlighting we flushed up a Tyto with barring all the way through the underwing, both of us had great looks as it flew away through the mallee, on Track 7. Also had Stripped HE, 10+ Gilberts Whistler, Southern Scrub-robin, White-browed Treecreeper thought the reserve and a small party of Striated Grasswern on the Lunette walk.
Tim Mckellar and Tom Fletcher

Birdline South Australia is hosted by Eremaea Birds.