birding-aus

Sydney Seawatch RFI

Subject: Sydney Seawatch RFI
Date: Sun, 8 Sep 2013 13:28:31 -0400 (EDT)
Hello,

I'm an American birder, and I'm planning an Aussie birding trip, starting
in a couple of weeks.  I'd like to spend a couple of hours while I'm in
Sydney on a seawatch from land.  I've never seen an albatross of any kind,  and
 just about any other seabird would be a lifer for me as well, other  than
gannet or Silver Gull.

I see Mistral Point mentioned, and I think I could get there by bus from my
 hotel near Hyde Park.  I will have my scope with me, but I could really
use  some help in identifying any birds I might see.  I could be available on
Thursday, 26 September; Friday, 27 September; or Saturday, 28 September.
Is anyone available and interested in meeting me for an hour or two of sea
watching on one of those days?

Even if you aren't available to meet me, any advice would be  welcomed.

Thanks very much.

Barry Brugman
USA
http://barry15.com/2013_Australia_Trip/