birding-aus

Crowdfunding: QuestaBird Adventure Game App by QuestaGam

Subject: Crowdfunding: QuestaBird Adventure Game App by QuestaGam
From: David McDonald <>
Date: Sun, 8 Sep 2013 18:28:09 +1000
Greetings. I thought that birding-aus members may care to know about a new
biodiversity/birding adventure game educational app for smartphones being
developed by Mallika Robinson and Andrew Robinson (they live at Carwoola
near Canberra and are active in local and international biodiversity
initiatives).

At this initial stage of development, the app focuses on the birds of the
Canberra region. It aims to get kids active, outdoors, learning about birds
and their habitats. I am assisting the developers, in an honorary capacity,
with technical info about birding.

They currently have a crowdfunding initiative running on Pozible to help
get the app finalised, see http://www.pozible.com/project/32948 .

This seems to me an initiative well worth supporting, particularly
considering the difficulties that many birding organisations have had, over
the years, in developing interest in birds and birding among young people.

Regards - David

--
David McDonald
1004 Norton Road