birding-aus

Birdline North Queensland Weekly Update

Subject: Birdline North Queensland Weekly Update
Date: 3 Jun 2013 07:40:10 +1000

Birdline North Queensland

Published sightings for the week ending 2 Jun 2013.

Wed 29 May Pacific Baza Anderson Park, Pimloco, Townsville
At about 8.30am I saw a Pacific Baza land in a tree. I had a very good look at it and watched for at least 10 minutes. Then it proceeded to fly around the park, calling loudly. Eventually it was chased out of the park by 2 Masked Lapwings. (Moderator Note: - This species has been recorded previously breeding in Anderson Park.)
Joan Wharton

Sun 26 May Pink-eared Duck Ross River Dam Borrow Pits Kelso
Pink-eared Duck (2)
Ed Pierce

Sun 26 May Barn Owl Downes St, Gulliver
1 Barn Owl discovered in small mango tree by 3 workers lopping trees on footpath. Photo taken by one of the workers and seen by me.
John Wharton reported by Joan Wharton

budgerigar Rinyirru (Lakefield) National Park (Marina Plains Wetland)
Flock of 20 Budgerigars seen just before dusk near the Anne River turn-off at Marina Plains - Lakefield National Park on Sunday. This is quite far north east of usual range. Also flock of 12 seen on Artemis Station on 25 May at about 8.30 am, 3 small flocks seen near Palmer River Roadhouse at about 8 am on May 24th
Doug Herrington and BirdLife Northern Queensland Group

Birdline North Queensland is sponsored by BirdLife Northern Queensland and BirdLife Townsville and hosted by Eremaea Birds.