birding-aus

Werakata SCA and NP - where is the Car Park?

To: "'Mick Roderick'" <>, "'Allan Richardson'" <>, "'Peter Madvig'" <>, "'Keith Brandwood'" <>
Subject: Werakata SCA and NP - where is the Car Park?
From: "Carl Weber" <>
Date: Thu, 23 May 2013 17:34:05 +1000
Hi Mick, Allan, Peter, and Keith,

Thanks for the wealth of information on blossoming and seeding in eucalypts.
It is all new to me and most interesting.

Peter, you have picked out musk lorikeets at Warriewood Wetland that have
eluded me, despite my 3 or 4 visits. As an aside, the lone female musk duck
has made a reappearance after 2 months.

Keith, I would be interested to know when you saw swift parrots at
Warriewood. The only Warriewood record that I have is 2002 (from Bruce Cox,
who kept meticulous records from 1987 until 2009). There are  only 2 records
of sightings on Eremaea since 2006 for the whole Northern Beaches, and one
of these was followed up and proved to be a misidentification. There have
been one or two sightings in Ku-ring-gai Chase NP, which some people regard
as being part of the Northern Beaches.

Carl Weber