birding-aus

Werakata SCA and NP - where is the Car Park?

To: "Peter Madvig" <>
Subject: Werakata SCA and NP - where is the Car Park?
From: Allan Richardson <>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2013 16:04:59 +1000
Hi Carl,

Around Morisset I've found individual cohorts of Swamp Mahogany to fire in
different years.

In 2011, the last time we had Regent Honeyeaters here, the blossom was out in
very good densities, but the following season (last year) was dominated by
trees setting seed.

Trees the birds were using in 2011 are out again this year, but there are some
patches in the wider locality that aren't firing at all this season and aren't
carrying any bud.

Locally it looks like a 2 year cycle prevails. However, I think the extent to
which the trees flower depends on how dry the habitat is in a given year.

Allan Richardson
Morisset NSW