birding-aus

Some good news in Qld (at the moment!)

To: Jill Dening <>,
Subject: Some good news in Qld (at the moment!)
From: Sonja Ross <>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2013 17:05:16 +1000
Hi Jill,

No, I don't think those fires did get much notice down here.  No mention is
made of that in the item we were responding to, but I think my question still
stands i.e.  why is the life of a cow more important than that of a bird/ wild
animal/ possibly irreplaceable plant which may not have been tested for it's
drug properties which may save people's lives?  I grew up on a farm so am
sympathetic to the problems, but at the same time I think we shouldn't always
be putting wild areas at the bottom of the caring basket.

Thanks for mentioning the fires.  I hope a mutually satisfactory solution can
be worked out.

Sonja