birding-aus

Shooting in Birdlife controlled conservation areas

To: "sandra henderson" <>
Subject: Shooting in Birdlife controlled conservation areas
From: "Chris Brandis" <>
Date: Sat, 2 Mar 2013 19:12:45 +1100

< - a situation quite different to that in NSW where
the Game Council hands out hunting licences to people who've never
fired a gun, and we have very real concerns about the sorts of people
who may end up wandering around some of our favourite birding
locations with gun in hand>

Facts please on that statement !!

You are more likely to be killed on the road going birding than in a NP with shooters, there are more idiots on the road than in the parks, as we have seen from the shooting that has been carried out in NSW State Forests for years.

Cheers Chris