birding-aus

Birdpedia - Australia - Weekly Digest

To: <>
Subject: Birdpedia - Australia - Weekly Digest
From: "Birdpedia - Australia Info" <>
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2013 00:05:05 +1030
The following is a digest of Sightings Reported on Birdpedia for the period
Monday, January 28, 2013 to Sunday, February 3, 2013:

Area: QLD

Date: Monday, January 28, 2013

Location: Nanango, South Burnet region

Bush-hen (Amaurornis olivacea) (1) Adult and juvenile noted only metres from
the house.  Overcast day, intermittent rain; tail end of rain storm [Cyclone
Oswald].
First local record in ten years of monitoring the avifauna of the immediate
area.

Most Australian authorities now refer to this as the Pale-vented Bush-hen.
This practice is also followed by the IOC.

Reported by: Julian Bielewicz on Monday, January 28, 2013

Area: SA