birding-aus

Splits, lumps, taxonomies, check-lists, whatever.

To: Nikolas Haass <>
Subject: Splits, lumps, taxonomies, check-lists, whatever.
From: Ed Williams <>
Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2013 11:45:23 +1100
Totally agree Niklass!

I used to see Crimson Rosellas (elegans) everyday when I lived in Sydney
(Hornsby) but seeing the flaveolus (yellow) or nigrescens (FNQ) subspecies for
the first time was a real buzz.

Neither were "tickable" but both awesome birds to see.

Just got to get to Adelaide now... ;)

Birding should definitely be more than just ticking! (But each to their own...)

Cheers,

Ed

Ed Williams
Kingsville, VIC