birding-aus

Can I tick these birds?

To: "" <>, "" <>
Subject: Can I tick these birds?
From: Ed Williams <>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2012 07:59:49 +0000
Tony,
I have always thought the way you segregated introduced-species into a separate
list had tones of an earlier era when Nelson Mandela was still in prison...
However at least you acknowledge they exist.  I know of a birder who point
blank refuses to acknowledge that Feral Pigeons/Rock Pigeons/Rock Doves
(whatever you choose to call them) actually exist in Australia.  Won't even
report them on Birdata mapping surveys - which hardly helps monitor the birds
properly!

Cheers,
Ed