birding-aus

Photo gallery; (Re: Nominate Little Egret at WTP on Birdline)

To: "Birding-Aus" <>
Subject: Photo gallery; (Re: Nominate Little Egret at WTP on Birdline)
From: "Robert Inglis" <>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2012 10:46:17 +1000
At last I have uploaded Part 1 of the photo galleries I promised showing the
colour of the soles of Little Egrets normally found in Australia.
I had hoped to do this a bit quicker but I have been struggling with
highly-rated but decidedly 2nd rate and very unstable web-creation software.

The galley I have uploaded contains 6 images of what would be considered adult
Little Egrets (Egretta garzetta nigripes) in breeding plumage.
These images have been selected to, I hope, show the variability of the colour
of the soles of the feet of breeding plumaged birds of this species.
Each full image has an inset image showing the feet/foot enlarged.
Each image also has the date on which the photo was taken; relating the dates
to the plumages is a somewhat thought-provoking exercise.

To see this first gallery go to
http://www.photos-n-guides.com/html/little_egret_feet.html
After reading the ‘story’ on that page click on the “Little Egret (adult
breeding)” link near the top of the page.

The long way round is to go to http://www.photos-n-guides.com/index.html
and start at the “Identification Guides” navigation button, then go
Birds>Waterbirds>Herons egrets and bitterns>Little Egret Feet.
On the “Little Egret feet” page click on the “Little Egret (adult breeding)”
link.

Or look for the “Little Egret feet” link on the “Quick find index” page.

I am working on a complimentary gallery showing non-breeding Little Egrets but
that may take another couple of days to complete.
I have a lot of images to go through.

Bob Inglis
Sandstone point
Qld