birding-aus

Australian Brush-turkey in NSW

To: "Greg and Val Clancy" <>, "Dean Portelli" <>, <>
Subject: Australian Brush-turkey in NSW
From: "Barbara Jones" <>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2012 12:36:48 +1100
Re Greg Clancy's query:
From the observations on record for Far South Coast Birdwatchers (NSW) I can
confirm Greg's recollection which was reported to us, from along the track to Turingal Head in Bournda NP in October 2007. Secondly, a dead bird was found on the Princes Highway on 28 August 2008, coincidentally near the current Potoroo Palace, Animal Sanctuary, just north of Merimbula, where the owners claimed no knowledge of the bird. This we believe to be true. A further unconfirmed sighting was reported on 3 March 2011 at Pambula, behind the Tourist Park at Pambula Beach, adjoining the northern section of Ben Boyd NP, and reported on the basis of the tail being that of a Brush-turkey.

Barbara Jones

-----Original Message----- From: Greg and Val Clancy