birding-aus

Bob's Egrets

Subject: Bob's Egrets
From: Mark Stanley <>
Date: Sat, 6 Oct 2012 09:51:13 +0800
What a fantastic job, Bob, well done!

Message: 5
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2012 21:51:02 +1000
From: "Robert Inglis" <>
To: "Birding-Aus" <>
Subject: New egret identification graphics
I have been working on a detailed identification guide for the Australian
white egrets for my website but, as usual, it is a long and slow process
and won?t be completed for some time. However, in the process I have
developed some new, never-before-published graphics. One graphic shows a
comparison of the bill shapes and sizes of the 5 white egrets and a couple
of other graphics show the relative body sizes of Eastern Great Egret,
Intermediate Egret and Little Egret.
These graphics have been uploaded to my website and can be seen by using
this link http://www.photos-n-guides.com/html/egret_bills_and_bodies.html
The long way to the page (Egret bills and bodies) is by hovering your
cursor over the ?Identification Guides? navigation button; then hover the
cursor over the ?Birds? button which has popped out; then move the cursor
out and down to the ?Waterbirds? button and click on it. Click on the
?Herons, Egrets and Bitterns? link and, finally, click on the ?Egret bills
and bodies? link.
I did say ?the long way? but going that way just might reveal other things
of interest.