birding-aus

C&B vs IOC taxonomy

To: Birding Aus <>
Subject: C&B vs IOC taxonomy
From: Carl Billingham <>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2012 19:36:42 -0700 (PDT)
I agree on the Norfolk Island Golden Whistler Mike.  They obviously look
different to the mainland species (the male lacks the mainland males
colouring), their calls are quite different (even to an auditory challenged
person like myself) and when I used some playback of the mainland species
their island cousins showed no interest in it at all.

>From a lay-birders perspective that was pretty conclusive.  Bring on the DNA
>testing!

Cheers,

Carl