birding-aus

Hunters in National Parks

Subject: Hunters in National Parks
From: Cath Morton-Evans <>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2012 23:49:53 +1000
Shoot me down if you will...
But I believe that if you allow any old gun happy larrikin with a shooters
license into a National Park to 'control' feral animals, no good will come of
it (especially if it becomes legal for 12 yr olds to also participate) What
happens if none show up? Surely the odd Cocky or King Parrot wouldn't be
missed?? Ferals need to be dealt with, certainly, but I'm happy for my tax to
go towards professional shooters employed by NPWS that perhaps could be paid by
way of 'commission' ie: so much per feral animal presented at end of day!