birding-aus

Hunting to be allowed in NSW National Parks

Subject: Hunting to be allowed in NSW National Parks
From: Jim Smart <>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2012 21:14:31 +1000
Hello Alastair,

My suspicion is that the shooters are already introducing feral game animals
into public
lands where they were hitherto not found. In my area (Hunter Valley NSW) deer
have recently
appeared in Wallaroo National park and pigs in Heaton State Forest. It is not
impossible that they
walked there from other places where they are found but that seems to me to be
an unlikely story.

Control of feral animals in National Parks is rightly a job for professional
shooters.
Governments occasionally respond to mass pressure. If enough people protest
against
this proposal they may reverse their decision.

Cheers,

Jim Smart
East Maitland  NSW