birding-aus

Birdpedia - Australia - Weekly Digest

To: <>
Subject: Birdpedia - Australia - Weekly Digest
From: "Birdpedia - Australia Info" <>
Date: Mon, 28 May 2012 11:15:06 +0930
The following is a digest of Sightings Reported on Birdpedia for the period
Monday, May 21, 2012 to Sunday, May 27, 2012:

Area: SA

Date: Thursday, May 17, 2012

Location: Point Sturt Peninsula

Flame Robin (Petroica phoenicea) (1) A male bird observed sitting on cattle
yard railing, and using established revegetation on private property.A male,
probably the same bird,was also seen a few hundred metres to the south on the
afternoon of the 19th.

Reported by: Michaela and Gabrielle Doecke on Monday, May 21, 2012

Date: Saturday, May 19, 2012

Location: Salt Creek, Coorong.

Hooded Plover (Thinornis rubricollis) (21)

Red-capped Plover (Charadrius ruficapillus) (60)

21 Hooded Plovers including one juvenile feeding on the lake adjacent to Camp
1, Loop Rd.  60 Red-capped plovers and a few Red-neck Stints.

The next morning the Hooded Plovers were spread out in groups 2, 3, and 4
birds, so only the 9 to be seen along with a small group of Red-capped Plovers
in the first location.

Reported by: Teresa Jack on Monday, May 21, 2012

Date: Saturday, May 19, 2012

Location: Mark Point, Coorong.

Elegant Parrot (Neophema elegans) (30) Elegant Parrots easily found and
scattered along the fences a few kilometers north of Mark Point. Found during
OPB survey.

Water levels in the Coorong very good, even in the South Lagoon. Very few birds
to be seen except for Great Cormorants. 9 Musks Ducks in one bay.  Pelicans,
Ducks Terns and Grebes in very small quantities.

Reported by: Teresa Jack on Monday, May 21, 2012