birding-aus

Parrots that harass raptors

To: <>, Birding Aus <>
Subject: Parrots that harass raptors
From: Tim Bawden <>
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2011 18:40:53 +1100
Not a raptor but while on Norfolk Island this year I watched two Crimson
Rosellas continually chase and harass a Red-tailed Tropicbird that was coming
into a cliff to land. While the tropicbird was far too agile for the rosellas
to get too close it kept coming in to try and land and they kept chasing it off
again. Quite amusing.

Cheers
Tim